What we collect and hold
U Physiotherapy needs to collect your Personal Information in order to provide clinical services to you.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to;
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Private health care details (where available) for identification and claiming purposes;
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, social history, family history and risk factors.
- Medical imagining
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How U Physiotherapy collects your Personal Information
U Physiotherapy may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you, for example:
- The information you provide to U Physiotherapy in any Patient Information Sheet;
- During the course of providing clinical services to you;
- Via online booking systems
- From your guardian or responsible person (where practicable and necessary)
- From any other involved healthcare specialists.
How U Physiotherapy holds and secures your Personal Information
U Physiotherapy may store your Personal Information in various forms including:
- Paper records
- Electronic format
- As visual: X-rays, CT scans, videos and photographs; and
- As audio recordings
U Physiotherapy takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures. Personal information is restricted to those who have a need to know, and access is restricted via secure log in and password.
In the event that there is an identified breach and your personal information stored by us is directly at risk, you will be notified as soon as reasonably necessary. We will inform you of what information is at risk and what processes we have put in place to further minimise the risk.
How U Physiotherapy uses your Personal Information
U Physiotherapy may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide clinical services and treatments to you
- For claims and payments
- For marketing and promotion (you may opt out of this)
When U Physiotherapy discloses your Personal Information
U Physiotherapy may disclose your Personal Information:
- To your authorised representatives or advisers, or otherwise when you ask U Physiotherapy to do so
- When there is a statutory requirement for U Physiotherapy to do so. In these circumstances, U Physiotherapy will notify you that there is a statutory requirement to disclose certain personal information
- To law enforcement and national security agencies and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law
- For the purpose of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of U Physiotherapy assets or business.
- If technical issues arise U may disclose reports with your personal information included to third party companies to rectify the technical issue.
How to access, edit or erase your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your Personal Information held by U Physiotherapy or would like to correct any errors in that information or erase all personal data, please contact U Physiotherapy via:
Phone: (02) 4243 7077